Emergency SAFA Timeline:
Emergency SAFA funding is available to new organizations and groups who demonstrate an emergency need for Emergency SAFA funds. All regular SAFA guidelines apply to Emergency SAFA funding. Emergency SAFA funds are used in the same semester they are requested and allocated.
Groups requesting Emergency SAFA funds must complete an application (SAFA Packet) and meet with the SGA Finance Committee. Applications (SAFA Packet) can be found in the SGA office (Student Center #208) or the SGA web site (www.uca.edu/sga). Generally, the SGA Finance Committee meets weekly during the academic year. Call the SGA office at 450-3195 or days and times of the meeting.
|EMERGENCY SAFA TIMELINE|
|Make SAFA Packets (applications) available||Call SGA office – 450-3195|
|Finance Committee meets generally once per week||Begin after SAFA Packets are available|
|Emergency SAFA Packets are due||Two to three days prior to Finance Committee meeting|
Emergency SAFA Packets:
- Organizations must complete the entire SAFA Packet and return the packet to the SGA office two to three days prior to SGA Finance Committee meeting.
- SAFA Packets are available in the SGA office (Student Center #208) or on the SGA web site (www.uca.edu/sga).
- It is strongly recommended that the organization make a copy of the competed SAFA Packet to have for their meeting with the SGA Finance Committee.
Finance Committee Emergency SAFA Hearings:
- The SGA Finance Committee will deliberate immediately after the Emergency SAFA hearing.
- There must be a student to present to the SGA Finance Committee.
- The SGA Finance Committee will consider each organizations request and vote on each line item presented.
- Each organization presenter will be contacted by the Vice President of Finance or the Assistant to the Vice President of Finance usually the next day.
- A mandatory meeting will be set up with the Assistant to the Vice President of Finance. No Emergency SAFA funds can be allocated before this meeting takes place.
- The meeting with the Assistant to the Vice President of Finance will include the process and forms to receive Emergency SAFA funds.
- Emergency SAFA allocated funds are reimbursements for organization program expenses. However, in certain situations Emergency SAFA funds can be received in advanced.
It is suggested that each organization read ByLaw E of the SGA Constitution and ByLaws to get more detailed information regarding the Emergency SAFA process and procedures.
Q & A:
Who is eligible for Emergency SAFA funding:
Registered Student Organizations (RSO) and departments may apply for Emergency SAFA funding.
What can be funded? What is not funded through Emergency SAFA?
Regular SAFA guidelines apply to Emergency SAFA funding…
- Emergency SAFA will not cover expenses for parties, gifts, awards, food, rentals, maintenance, or prizes.
- Emergency SAFA will not cover honoraria and/or performance fees for UCA faculty and staff.
- Travel expensed are not funded.
- Emergency SAFA will fund registration fees up to $1,000 per semester per organization.
IF our organization is allocated SGA funds?
The purpose of the Student Activity Fee Allocation (SAFA) process is to insure accountability of all student activity fee funding; to teach budget planning; to encourage organizations to plan ahead; to encourage organizations to justify their expenses; to encourage greater diversity of activities funded through the student activity fee; and to better organize the SGA to make available more time to deal with non monetary issues. The goals of the SAFA committee and the SGA Finance committee is to support activities and insure a balance of events that broaden the educational, social, cultural, and recreational opportunities for all University of Central Arkansas students.
If your organization is allocated SGA funds either by the SAFA or Emergency SAFA process a representative of your organizations must follow the prescribed procedure to RECEIVE those funds.
- Your organization is notified that SAFA funds have been allocated for your program(s).
- The SGA Assistant to the Vice President of Finance will contact a representative (the representative listed on the SAFA form) of your organization to schedule a mandatory meeting to discuss the procedure to receive SGA funds.
- That representative or an authorized substitute must meet with the SGA Assistant to the Vice President of Finance. If a representative from your organization does not meet with the SGA Assistant to the Vice President of Finance the SGA funds allocated to your organization will not be reimbursed to your organization for your programs.
- Schedule a meeting with the SGA Assistant to the Vice President of Finance. Meetings with the SGA Assistant to the Vice President of Finance will be scheduled during a two week period after the organization meets with the Finance Committee. If a meeting is scheduled with the SGA Assistant to the Vice President of Finance and the meeting is missed by the organization that organization will not receive Emergency SAFA reimbursements
- The SGA Assistant to the Vice President of Finance will attempt to contact the organization representative listed on the SAFA forms by email and phone once the committees have deliberated and approved SAFA allocations. If for any reason your organization has not been contacted within one week after either meeting with the Finance Committee for Emergency SAFA or after final SAFA deliberations call the SGA office at 450-3195 or visit the SGA office #208 in the Student Center.
- Deadline to receive SAFA funds: Organizations funded for activities for fall must request SAFA funds prior to the end of the following spring semester. Organizations funded for activities for spring must request SAFA funds prior to the end of the following summer sessions.